Aligner trays are custom-made for every patient, depending on the severity of teeth misalignment (malocclusion).
In-office clear aligners, such as Invisalign, can treat a variety of different cases, including:
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth
- Too much space between teeth
- Upper front teeth that overlap the lower teeth too much — either vertically (overbite) or horizontally (overjet)
- Upper front teeth that bite behind the lower ones (underbite)
- Other jaw misalignment problems that cause an uneven bite
Clear Aligners are generally very effective in realigning crooked teeth and helping correct improperly positioned jaws to create a nice smile and a healthy mouth. On average, most people are in Aligner Therapy from 6 months to 1.5 years. Retainers may be worn indefinitely to ensure that the final results remain stable.
The person wearing the aligners has an important role to play in the success of the treatment. Follow your dentists instructions precisely, especially during the retention period. When it comes to this final phase, it’s important to wear the retainer as directed or risk losing the benefits gained while wearing braces.
Do you think you need braces? Call Mount Pleasant Dental Group at 604-559-9955 to schedule an appointment with Dr Max Bondarenko to discuss your options.